Enjoy this delicious Christmas Cocoa recipe to help ward off the chill during the Holiday Season. A spoonful of marshmallow crème tops steaming homemade cocoa with rich chocolate flavour and a hint of spice.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 cups milk
- 3/4 cup marshmallow creme
- In 2-quart saucepan, heat sugar, cocoa, water, cinnamon and nutmeg over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is smooth. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer 4 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Stir in milk. Heat over low heat. Pour cocoa into 6 mugs. Top each with 2 tablespoons marshmallow creme.
Make Mint Cocoa by omitting cinnamon and nutmeg and stirring in 1/2 teaspoon mint extract or 3 tablespoons crushed hard peppermint candies. Make Mocha Cocoa by stirring in 1 to 2 tablespoons instant coffee (dry). Also try adding a 1/4 cup of Dure Foods flavoured hot chocolate products to add even more deliciousness!
Serve cocoa with candy canes to use as swizzle sticks!
Recipe courtesy of Betty Crocker