News and articles about product packaging and custom fabrication available from Dure

3 Reasons Hiring a Co-Packer Can Improve Your Customer Satisfaction

Customer satisfaction is an important aspect of any business, and food businesses (especially smaller ones) need good feedback from customers to succeed. Every business claims they value customer satisfaction, but how do you ensure that’s true for your business? Effective customer satisfaction includes service that is both high-quality and consistent, and getting external help can make these goals more achievable. Here are 3 reasons why hiring a co-packer can improve your customer satisfaction:

Greater Efficiency

Hiring an experienced and professional co-packing company will allow your products to be produced and distributed at a much quicker rate than before. If you run a food business independently, there are many tasks you need to handle at once, so producing and distributing cannot occupy all of your time and attention.

With the right co-packing company, you will have an entire team of people focusing only on following recipe instructions and making the food. The right co-packing company (such as Dure Foods) will have the skills to produce food as efficiently as possible without sacrificing quality. This increased speed and efficiency will make your food company an ideal choice for potential and returning customers.

Greater Consistency

One of the best ways to achieve customer satisfaction is reliability. If a customer or business orders a product and is told when they receive it, they won’t be pleased if the product arrives late or in poor condition. On the other hand, if a customer keeps ordering products and they always arrive on time and in great shape, this reliability leads to customer satisfaction. If you have a large scale of customers, this consistency may be difficult to maintain.

This is where co-packing becomes a great asset. Experienced co-packers like those at Dure Foods are trained to constantly produce and distribute food on a tight time schedule. These professional co-packers are trained to perform quality work with consistency, and can provide those same skills for your business.

Specific Requests

With skilled co-packers added to your team, your services can reach a larger customer base, as well as more specialized clients. Many food orders come with specific instructions for the product and its packaging, and all instructions must follow health regulations. Sometimes these requests can get complex, which might be overwhelming for a smaller business to handle (especially if the order is large).

If you hire experienced co-packers familiar with requests from a variety of food businesses, even clients with more detailed instructions can be satisfied. With the additional help for your business, these requests can even be handled for larger scale clients. Professional co-packers like Dure Foods’ employees are also fully aware of all necessary health regulations, so customers will never have to worry about any violations.

If you are interested in improving your customer satisfaction, our experts at Dure Foods would be happy to help you. Feel free to contact us about our services and let us know what we can do for you.

Should Your Co-Packer Be Permanent or Temporary?

There are many advantages to hiring a co-packer, but before working together you must determine if the partnership will be ongoing or a one-time collaboration. Many factors can decide this, such as the scale of your business and the amount of staff you already have. While there are benefits of having a recurring relationship with a co-packing company, there are also circumstances where hiring a company for just one job can be preferable. Below are some reasons you might hire a co-packer permanently or temporarily:

Permanent Co-Packer

If you want your food business to run on a larger scale and permanently expand, you may need help beyond the resources you currently have. In this case, you might want a co-packing company to be a regular asset for producing and distributing food. Just working with a co-packer once would not be sustainable if you want your food production to permanently expand, and are unable to do so with your current staff.

Once your business has a high enough demand, and you’re ready for your product to be mass produced, you will definitely want to become a regular client of a co-packing company. This can also be beneficial if you’re having a hard time finding staff with proper training. A reputable co-packing company such as Dure Foods will have co-packers will all the necessary certifications. If you work regularly with that that company, finding qualified staff will not be an issue for you.

Temporary Co-Packer

Working regularly with a co-packer can be useful in many ways, but a permanent collaboration is still a significant financial investment. If your food business is just starting out and your product is not yet scalable or in high demand, it may not be time to start a long term partnership. Still, even a temporary hire of a co-packer can be beneficial in many situations. For example, if your business is hired for a certain event with a much higher volume of customers than you are used to, working with a co-packer for that event would be extremely helpful to increase your production scale.

Working with co-packers and other clients can help build connections in the industry, even if the arrangement is only temporary. The experience of hiring and collaborating with co-packers can also give you a better understanding of what the job entails and how it could help you in the future. That way when your business expands and you’re able to take on a permanent co-packer, you’ll already know the benefits of doing so and have previous contacts to choose from.

Contact Us

Dure Foods is available for both temporary and long-term partnerships with our clients. Whether hired for one job or several, our workers are professional, skilled and able to handle any job you may request. If you need a co-packer, don’t hesitate to contact us and let us know what we can do for your business.