Food Safety and Quality Policy
Dure Foods packages all products to the highest food safety standards, in accordance with the protocols of HACCP and the Global Food Safety Initiative.
Dure Foods Limited is committed to producing high quality, safe, legal and wholesome food products. Food Safety and Quality are of paramount importance to Dure Foods Limited and we are dedicated to achieving customer satisfaction through continuous improvement in all that we do.
We expect every individual to support this policy and ensure that our food safety and quality standards are properly applied.
At Dure Foods We Are Committed:
- To producing safe products, which conform to quality and legislative requirements.
- To ensuring a continuous increase of client satisfaction by continuous and consistent improvement of products and service.
- To ensuring prevention of possible hazards in the whole delivery process, beginning with the selection of raw material suppliers and ending with distribution of finished products.
- To providing employees with a safe work environment and suitable work equipment in order to ensure food safety.
- To ensuring all personnel have awareness of food safety and the quality policy.
- To continue reviewing and improving our safety plan.
Quality Assurance Cupping Session
Conducting sensory evaluations for everything that we develop for our customers.
About BRC and GFSI
The British Retail Consortium standard is recognized as a GFSI (Global Food Safety Initiative) benchmarked food safety scheme and has been accepted by 8 major retailers: Carefour, Tesco, ICA, Metro, Migros, Ahold, Walmart and Delhaize.
The GFSI is a project led by the business forum CIES in 2000 to harmonize international food safety standards and reduce the need for multiple supplier audits. The CIES members include world leading retailer organizations and food manufacturers.
Rather than create another standard, the GFSI Technical Committee identified the key components necessary for good food safety standards and the operating protocols for the delivery of certification and created a benchmarking document.
The BRC was the first standard to be recognized as meeting the GFSI benchmark. Benchmarking to GFSI ensures that the BRC Global Standard for Food Safety is accepted by many of the world’s biggest retail groups e.g. Walmart, Carrefour, Tesco and Metro. The BRC’s ability to react to changing food safety concerns, meet customer requirements, and yet provide a simple, easy to follow process for manufacturers, has resulted in the Standard becoming one of the most popular GFSI standard, with over 14,000 certified sites worldwide.
The Standard provides benefits not only for the retail industry but also for food manufacturers, importers, caterers, ingredient suppliers and the food service industry. It is currently used by suppliers in Europe, Africa, the Middle East, Asia, the Far East, North and South America and Australasia. Offering this truly global standard fits perfectly with CERT ID’s worldwide certification activities, and is an international mark of excellence for the certificate holder.